Translate

Friday, October 2, 2020

Accession

"Accession" oil on canvas, 51cm x 51cm

When suddenly I found my voice, my authority, I knew I had melted into 'something' that was always there, eternally unbound and undivided.

"Accession" is an image of this realization.

This is everybody's birthright to rest in this place with awareness. But I wonder if everyone is aware of this. 

Painting requires me to be empty, empty of what? All my stories attached to feelings of all kinds of strength and intensity. I have had plenty of those over the last 10 years and more so these last 5 years .And before that, I was numb of feelings, just confusion.

To distil all this from the unique pattern of my own life leaves me with an ungraspable and powerful essence of myself, which is available to all if you can ignore the personal. It is everywhere and you are it.

Simply put, my priorities have changed, it's the end of my world.

"A bit of advice given to a young Native American at the time of his initiation:

As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. it is not as wide as you think."

- Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment