Translate

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Flowers, Painting in one hit

Orange Flowers, oil on linen

Geraniums, oil on linen

Banksias, oil on linen

Red in Green, oil on linen



These paintings were painted in one session, as an exercise. It was a learning experience in getting enough detail that I needed by pushing the wet paint around.  In this case, it is not really detail that you want but just enough to suggest. I started to get more of a feel for it in the second painting. I have put a wonderful quote below that I found so inspiring that I read from a book recently.


"Be impeccable with your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you  mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love..." Don Miguel Ruiz



No comments:

Post a Comment